Plan for tomorrows (20070517) FESCO meeting

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Thu May 17 16:12:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 10:54 -0500, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> What would you suggest we do in response to package maintainers saying
> "I ignore the guidelines"?

What evils are you trying to prevent?  I agree if someone is being a
jackass and not doing anything to even try to follow the guidelines,
that's one thing.  But missing a few odds and ends here and there, is
that a big deal?

Maybe we need some kind of "no asshole" rule for the guidelines?

Turn this around: what incentives can we create to bring about better
packaging as opposed to having something punitive like an exception
process?

--Chris