Broken upgrade paths in F7

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri May 18 14:20:37 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 16:13 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > The reason it isn't made default is that there is no converse of it,
> > IE --wait.  So by making it not default it gives users the opportunity to
> > either use it if they like, or add a --nowait flag to disable it.  One can't
> > have it disabled by default and force a way to have it actually wait.
>
> Well, that's a regression compared to plague. Please fix it (or do I have
> to file a bug against koji to have it done?). I agree with Ralf that koji
> should mimic plague behaviour in that respect.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would respond with saying that koji should
mimic brew behaviour instead, i.e. stay as it is now. To make all the
picky developers happy, we probably need a full set of --wait/--nowait
options plus a config file to set the default. The build system is open
source now, so everybody can write patches...