Broken upgrade paths in F7

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri May 18 14:43:07 UTC 2007

On Friday, 18 May 2007 at 16:35, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 16:32 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > > I'm sure there are a lot of people who would respond with saying that koji should
> > > mimic brew behaviour instead, i.e. stay as it is now. To make all the
> > > picky developers happy, we probably need a full set of --wait/--nowait
> > > options plus a config file to set the default. The build system is open
> > > source now, so everybody can write patches...
> >
> > I'm pretty sure there are more Extras contributors than Core. The system
> > may be open-source, but not everyone speaks Python and the system has been
> > forced upon us "packaging monkeys" (as some people like to call us).
> > Could it at least NOT introduce radical changes in workflow, please?
>
> You're confusing two issues.

No, I'm not.

> Koji is simply a build server.

And client. Just like plague.

> It doesn't change workflow (other than perhaps some output and
> notification options that likely need fixing).

Well the defaults ARE different. That's annoying. That, and the lack of
proper documentation.

> What changes workflow is the release policies.

That's a separate issue. I wonder where those policy changes were
discussed, because I only became aware of them after they were announced
here. That's *after* the fact, mind you.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora Extras contributor  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski