Koji doesn't like "ExclusiveArch: noarch i386 x86_64" noarch packages

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri May 18 15:20:48 UTC 2007

Matthias Saou wrote :

> Jesse Keating wrote :
>
> > On Friday 18 May 2007 10:00:48 Matthias Saou wrote:
> > > My guess is that it koji doesn't work with the "hack" which consists of
> > > explicitly listing the relevant archs for a noarch package in order to
> > > get it pushed out only for those archs.
> > >
> > > What should I do here?
> > > - The package should be noarch (the same for i386 and x86_64)
> > > - The package shouldn't appear for ppc or ppc64
> >
> > Try ExclusiveArch i386 x86_64, leaving out noarch.
>
> OK, I'll try, but IIRC that used to make plague fail, because the arch
> it was going to build for (noarch) wasn't included in the exclusive
> archs ;-)

As I feared... and it probably wasn't plague, but mock, refusing to
build a package for its "BuildArch:" if it's not contained in
"ExclusiveArch:", which does make sense...

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10271 :
"BuildrootError: error building package (arch noarch), mock exited with
status 10"

Seems like it's no longer possible to make a noarch package only
available to certain archs. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or
work around it? Some kind of blacklisting inside the compose tool?
Fixing Koji to accept the hack?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2948.fc6
Load : 0.55 0.43 0.40