Koji doesn't like "ExclusiveArch: noarch i386 x86_64" noarch packages

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri May 18 15:23:56 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> > My guess is that it koji doesn't work with the "hack" which consists of
> > explicitly listing the relevant archs for a noarch package in order to
> > get it pushed out only for those archs.
> >
> > What should I do here?
> > - The package should be noarch (the same for i386 and x86_64)
> > - The package shouldn't appear for ppc or ppc64
>
> Huh, what? :-O
>
> BuildArch: noarch
> ExcludeArch: ...
>
> is what you want. Everything else is a false and bad recommendation
> and has not worked before in plague either.

I thought it was the other way around... with ExcludeArch not being
present in the source rpm, thus making it impossible for the compose
tool to know that the resulting noarch package was only meant to be
made available for some archs and not others, and OTOH having
ExclusiveArch be passed into the source rpm and used by the compose
tool.

I'm getting more and more confused :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2948.fc6
Load : 0.23 0.35 0.37