buildsys-macros package needs to be rebuilt

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 18 17:59:49 UTC 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 13:50:27 Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Two points:
>
> 1. shouldn't this be dumped in the current default rawhide repos mock
> looks at for macros? (so change is transparent for users?)

Well, "rawhide" is still all Fedora 7 stuff.  The dist-f8 is pre-rawhide
content.  Not entirely sure how to express that in Mock.

As to your other point, that is somewhat valid.  We approved making the macros
available on the user's system instead of just hidden away in the buildsystem
somewhere, and the logical place to toss them was redhat-rpm-config with the
rest of said settings.  Perhaps if there is compelling enough reason we could
split it out again...  but I'd rather not.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora