Broken upgrade paths in F7

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Mon May 21 18:53:40 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Uh, come on, this thread is moving ridiculously close to the dark side of
> the force. Sponsoring Red Hat employees involves blanket-approval, we all
> know that, and you should know that you're comparing apples and oranges
> anyway. Or most likely you refer to sub-projects where community folks
> cannot sponsor anyone. You can look up Fedora Extras sponsor stats here
> for comparison, where Jesse is listed as sponsoring 14, and the reverse
> lookup will likely reveal they are @redhat.com, perhaps all:

Still, this does not preclude Jesse from the respect he rightfully deserves,
given his heavy leadership and involvement in so much of Fedora as a whole.

As an aside, even *if* Jesse did not do as much (or anything!) as he does for
the Fedora Project, he *STILL* deserves to be treated respectfully - *everyone*
does. We're in this as a community, not as competitors.

Disagreements and discussions of differing perspectives (whew - say _that_
three times fast ^_^) are good and healthy...so long as they're done with a
mutual respect between the parties.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail