Comments in spec files (was Re: Plan for tomorrows (20070517) FESCO meeting)

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue May 22 19:24:17 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Is anyone reporting these as "things we shouldn't have to care about" to
>> rpm-maint@ or the appropriate bugzilla?
>
> It's somewhat tricky to fix - you're asking rpm-the-parser to either
> a) elide anything that starts with '#' from all scriplets, even though
> it may be valid in some interpreter
> b) conditionally elide it based on what the scriplet interpreter is
>
> Not sure it's 100% worth the change from stupid-but-predictable.

Agreed it's not worth it.  Also, couldn't we add a "--nobody" or
somesuch instead, and make it part of the guidelines to use it when
you're using "-p /sbin/ldconfig" or anything else where a body makes no
sense?  That seems like it would eliminate most of the cases, and the
most common cases can easily be checked in rpmlint.

--
   Peter