Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Thu May 31 06:37:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:14:51PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 May 2007 23:08:37 Luke Macken wrote:
> > Not yet implemented.  Multi-package update support in the current tool
> > is essentially a hack.  We'll need to do this correctly this time around
> > (if we even want to support multi-package updates).
>
> EEEEk!   how can we help you get this going?  Will be quite necessary.

Well, based on the way things are designed now, there cannot be a
single update containing multiple packages.  So a simple solution to
this problem is to make it trivial to submit and run requests on multiple
updates at once.

The web form could be altered to allow any number of builds, which would
then create an individual update for each one with the same bugs/cves/notes.
We could then throw checkboxes next to each update in the list and allow people
to request pushes of multiple updates at once.  Doing this from a command-line
tool would be even easier.  (eg, `bodhi submit <build1>..<buildN>`).

What do you guys think?  Would this be sufficient?

luke