Pushing updates for Fedora 7

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 31 13:16:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 02:37 -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:14:51PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 May 2007 23:08:37 Luke Macken wrote:
> > > Not yet implemented.  Multi-package update support in the current tool
> > > is essentially a hack.  We'll need to do this correctly this time around
> > > (if we even want to support multi-package updates).
> >
> > EEEEk!   how can we help you get this going?  Will be quite necessary.
>
> Well, based on the way things are designed now, there cannot be a
> single update containing multiple packages.  So a simple solution to
> this problem is to make it trivial to submit and run requests on multiple
> updates at once.
>
> The web form could be altered to allow any number of builds, which would
> then create an individual update for each one with the same bugs/cves/notes.
> We could then throw checkboxes next to each update in the list and allow people
> to request pushes of multiple updates at once.  Doing this from a command-line
> tool would be even easier.  (eg, `bodhi submit <build1>..<buildN>`).
>
> What do you guys think?  Would this be sufficient?

You really want the update to have multiple (source) packages associated
with it, though -- think about the case where I have a highly
interdependent set of packages that are released together upstream, etc.
I want to have just one update mail sent listing all of the packages and
then also see them grouped together as a set within pup.

Otherwise, the fact that multiple packages can use the same updateinfo
really doesn't help much and we could have just kept doing srpm-level
grouping :-/

Jeremy