keeping spare-time-contributors happy

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Sep 2 18:18:51 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
<snip>
> This will open up updates pushing
> to more than just me, and when that happens things can get pushed
> faster.  Although once we hook up some sort of dep checker to the
> process you'll likely not get more than one push per day as it is
> extremely lengthy to generate a multilib set with the potential updates
> and then check the deps across our now huge package set.  Suffice to
> say that once a day pushes may be a reasonable expectation.

Erm, isn't the repoclosure script capable of checking acros miltiple repos?
Then it would simply be a matter of building a small temp repo of proposed
updates and then run repo closure on release + updates + proposed updates. Then
we don't have to generate / compose the set. I imagine repoclusure itself will
take quite a while too, but this way atleast things are easier.

Another solution would be a chroot with an install everything install and run
yum update in there with the proposed updates repo enabled, then one can
automatically test for problems in a quite quick way.

Regards,

Hans