keeping spare-time-contributors happy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Sep 3 22:58:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 00:53 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 23:46:44 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > > [hans at ...  FC-6] make build
> > >
> > > <or oops forgotten>
> > > <some time later, hey a bugzilla ticket why I never build foo for FC-6>
> > Ohh? I am permanently nagged with mails reminding me about EVR problesm
> > with packages between FC-6 and FC-7, because I can't push them for FC-7
> > because, I could not find them in bodhi.
>
> That is because of a premature roll-out of the new updates system [1]
> where you are expected to enter the full src.rpm %name of each of your
> builds before the auto-completion would list them with full NEVR.
Urgh, this sucks rocks.

> Honestly, I have no idea how the major package contributors like Hans
> handle that for their many a dozen packages.
Well, Hans's package name often are short and unique (He primarily
maintains "games"). Many of mine are perl packages with long and winding
names: perl-Text-Quoted-2.02-3.fc7.src.rpm

Unless I am mistaken such kind of package names kill this crazy
auto-completion (I just tried what you said above, and even then it
hardly worked.)

>  ESR would have run wild.
:)

> [1] Which otherwise comes with several good features, such as a web
> ui and announcement mails.
Good features from a user's POV, eye-candy from a maintainer's POV.

Ralf