mailinglists reorganization (was: Re: This list isn't working out. Or, why do we have fedora-devel and fedora-maintainers)

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:20:08 UTC 2007

On 05/09/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> On 04.09.2007 22:18, Till Maas wrote:
> > On Di September 4 2007, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> >
> >> Apparently, asking this list was the wrong way to get things done.  How
> >> do we really do this?  Does this need to be proposed to some group?
> >> Does this need to come up for vote at some meeting?  How do we actually
> >> cut the life support here?
> >
> > Afaik should FESCO decision and knurd know more, because he proposed a
> > reorganization of the mailinglists a long time ago.
>
> Well, the last time was about six weeks ago on fab-list. But I stopped
> to work further on this (and told the board about it in private) after
> that because

[Thorsten's frustrations snipped]

Thorsten - I understand your frustrations after you've put so much
energy into coming up with a clear plan for the list organization only
to have it bounced around endlessly.

But, without getting into the reorganization of all the lists, it
seems that closing fedora-maintainers wasn't a point of contention -
is that correct? That being so, perhaps we should push this one step
forward, before chipping away at the rest of the big rock?

J.