gkrellm-themes orphaned

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 16 09:52:34 UTC 2007

Gilboa Davara wrote:

> Thanks for scaring the bejesus out of me.
> What's the going practice when license is unknown?

Ideally we should clarify licensing information asap or stop distribution.

> ... Plus, can I take my sweet time checking it or is it required by
> F8-release?

We would be in trouble even today if any authors questions us on
distributing their content without any written rights to do so.
Considering the amount of work required to clarify such licensing
details across so many themes, you should probably let the package get
orphaned and import it later when the licensing details are clarified
which you might consider doing along with other distribution maintainers
or strip down the package immediately to themes with clear licenses and
add more continuously when you get the licenses sorted out.

Rahul