Feedback on Fedora Core 4 test 2 review

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 27 21:08:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 17:00 -0400, Erik Hemdal wrote:
> Well, I know that support was available for Red Hat 8.0 because I
> bought
> the boxed set and received the 30 days of email support.  I actually
> had
> occasion to use it and found that I got what I needed.  Support was
> also
> provided as far back as v 5.2 (the first release I tried) although I
> never had to use it then.  I recall some higher levels of support you
> could pay for.

Ok, there was installation support for 30 days, but nothing official
beyond installation support.  Also, the $60 a year was for up2date
services, not for any levels of email/phone support on a product.  If I
recall correctly (and somebody from Red Hat can correct me) Red Hat
Linux never had anything beyond the 30days of installation support.

> After the thirty days, you had to pay $60 a year (or more depending
> on
> support level) for continued support and updates.  Signing on was
> easy
> online, but signing off was a challenge (to do so, one had to send a
> registered letter 60 days prior to expiration to Red Hat's address in
> North Carolina.).
>
> If you are curious, I can try to dig out the specific data from my
> old
> package.

I would be curious as to if you had something more than updates.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: