Someone's missing the point...it's us.

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Aug 11 13:59:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
>
> >What do we think about ditching "fedora.redhat.com" entirely and making
> >fedoraproject.org the new home for all this stuff?
>
> I support this idea but skvidal has been treating the website as a
> developer base with the primary site supposedly more user focussed

If people believe this to be the right idea, I believe that we can
convince Mr. Vidal without too much difficulty.  For instance, Alex is
already maintaining the lion's share of FUDCon content at fp.org.  Why?
Because it's easier.

> >"fedora.redhat.com" would remain as, basically, a paragraph worth of
> >mission statement and a page full of links.
> >

> That would lead to confusion. If we are moving to fedoraproject.org, we
> should do that for good and get rid of fedora.redhat.com

Let me rephrase:

We would keep fedora.redhat.com to acknowledge Fedora's association with
Red Hat, and the "page of links" would be links to fedoraproject.org.  We
can't just make f.r.c disappear.

I suppose we could redirect DNS, though.  But I think f.r.c has a
(minimal) place.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan