Quick question for wiki section.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Aug 3 18:24:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 13:01 -0500, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> Although there are no plans to start using ACLs for Marketing at this
> time, the page can serve other purposes, including just tracking who is
> contributing.  There may come a time when having ACLs is needed, and it
> would be easier to already have a list ready if that day comes.
> MoinMoin might eventually also have other features built around its
> group tracking, and such a page could also help in that case.  The real
> purpose in having the page now is simply for tracking contributors.  The
> use of the *Group name simply allows for future implementation of group
> features.

Well the list of names can easily be cut/copied to the Group age when
needed, and every page would have to be touched anyway to add the ACL.
It wouldn't be an easy transition no matter how you look at it.

I'm more worried about using a reserved page structure for a
non-accounted for usage.  Lets say that MoinMoin does do some added
functionality to the Group pages that we're not expecting and messes w/
what we have there.  Honestly I think it would be best to avoid using it
for now.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)