Someone's missing the point...

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Aug 10 18:15:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

> Beyond that, I don't know that there's much to say.  The only way forward
> with Fedora is to build the community of developers, and increase the
> quality of the offering over time.  That's all.

The only way to change that IMHO is to distribute a million of
FC5  on media for free, that's basically all that's about Ubuntu.
Other than that I don't see any strong reason for Ubuntu's sudden
acceptance.  Yes, the debian base is a +, but it's not the first
debian derivative either.

What we need is Fedora DVDs with Core and some Extra packages,
in a shiny package.  The important question is who will pay for
the costs.  We need Red Hat or somewhere else (GNOME Foundation?)
support the production.  The distribution can be distributed on
the developers and evangelists for free I guess.

> --g
--behdad
http://behdad.org/