Someone's missing the point...it's us.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 17:31:59 UTC 2005

Hi

>"Home desktops that you maintain for other people" is definitely another
>common use case.  Personally I feel that Fedora is currently less suited
>to this than some other distros.  For example, the quantity of updates
>is problematic for systems with dial-up connections.

We cant really reduce the number of updates without changing the design
of the project. The previous method of backporting has been replaced
with the goal of sticking close to upstream versions as much as
possible. What can possibly be done is to mark every update with a grade
from say 1 to 5 and have the updater use a higher number for users who
only want the very criticial updates

Any other ideas?

regards