mentors

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sat Aug 13 14:06:03 UTC 2005

> It would be good to start a fedora-mentors list and see if it works. We
> dont risk much by that effort.

A mailing list is sort of already an environment of mentorship by
committee, isn't it?  Are we talking about more of a one-on-one
relationship?  Perhaps we're better off with a simple mechanism for
matching mentors and mentees.  Maybe we do something like...

1. Build a simple wiki page with a couple of paragraphs talking about why
a mentor program is valuable and useful.

2. A sign-up page for prospective mentors, where they describe what
they're good at.

3. A sign-up page for prospective mentees, where they describe what skills
they're looking to improve.

4. An announcement to f-*-list.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan