Regular text logo

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 13:36:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 09:26 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 09:18 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > This may be an issue for Greg especially given his proximity to the
> > legal folks.  Are "official" sites such as the Wiki allowed to use the
> > Fedora text logo (i.e. the stylized "Fedora Project" text seen in the
> > upper left of fedora.redhat.com)?
> >
> > I created a reproduction of this with the help of fontforge, and sent it
> > to Seth to use in his cool redesign of the Wiki theme, but now I realize
> > that this might be an issue.  I had no intention of back-dooring anyone,
> > but was just trying to be helpful.  If it's a problem, I'll just turn
> > the evapo-ray on it here, with apologies for the bother.  Those of us
> > who don't program, tinker instead. :-)
> >

> BIG LETTERS:
>  I didn't redesign anything. Hrishikesh Ballal and Diana Fong have done
> everything for the redesign. I've been told Chris Aillon was involved in
> the css creation as well but I've done bupkiss other than move around
> the files Diana and Hrishi have asked me to.
> END BIG LETTERS.

I seem to make a habit out of giving you too much credit, Seth.  Thank
you to Diana, Hrishi and Chris.  I think I'll take up stalking one of
them instead... ;-D  Sorry for the mistake.

Depending on the answer to the question posed, then, they can address
this change.  I would imagine Diana would have access to the original
materials and could provide an "even more official" official text logo,
but if not, I stand ready to help.