Wording of Legal Issues myth

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Sat Aug 20 18:49:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 11:33 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 23:42 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Do you have wiki access, If so you can edit the wiki yourself. Link to
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems which clarifies the status
>
> Yep.  I can commit the change.  I just wanted to see if anyone thought
> the revision crossed any legal boundaries before doing so.

I wrote that section, and one draft had something like "Third-party
repositories independently provide restricted software for users in
jurisdictions where the legal issues noted [in ForbiddenItems] do not
apply".

Didn't commit it because I wasn't sure whether this would going too far
for Red Hat legal either. Personally I would think that it's OK, because
we haven't expressed an opinion or given any help to people to find the
relevant software, but IANAL.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA