Logo -- expanding the element idea more ... Fc, Fe, Fl, etc...

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 01:49:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 20:37 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 17:30 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > This is what I see:
> > A puppy
>
> Again, I think a little dog can be just as cute as a puppy, while not
> connotating immaturity.  But that's just my viewpont.
>
> > riding a surfboard on a wave that is Yula's Fedora Core logo.
>
> Do you have this?  I didn't see it on the page.

Typo, meant Luya, appears right about yours that is about to be removed.

> FYI, the periodic table of elements always caps the first character,
> lower cases the second.

Oh, sure.

> > 64x64 version is just the fact with dog collar.  Always, face with dog
> > collar.
>
> 64x64 can get small.  Why not the 128x128 too?
> (Brian Ashe's example is 128x128).

That too.  Just the smaller size = less detail.

FWIW, I'm in favor of a mascot and a logo being separate things.  I put
this blender together to see what it would look like.  I still like the
element as the logo or Luya's design.  Viscerally, I like Luya's better,
but I know the element idea likely scales better.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide