Logo -- yes, I dropped it ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Aug 24 14:29:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 04:50 -0500, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> This thread has already forked down that road and died.  I BEG you not
> to rekindle that fire.  See the thread "Re: Logo -- let's move on ...
> the legal loophole of "Fedora(TM)"    for Red Hat" for the whole
> conversation.

Yes, I dropped it after Patrick was the first person who actually
addressed my statements, instead of assuming I was being argumentative.
I just had an "epiphany" in the middle of the "hat discussion."

I'm not going to comment further.  And everyone needs to stop assuming I
don't have a very deep chronology of Red Hat's history.  E.g., from an
old, work-in-progress FAQ (stopped writing last year):
  http://www.geocities.com/thebs413/RH-Distribution-FAQ-3.html
  http://www.geocities.com/thebs413/RH-Distribution-FAQ-4.html#ss4.3

That was based on my 1st hand experience of seeing many things.  I'm
also working on a book entitled "Linux Configuration Management" which
focuses on FC/RHEL roll-outs.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com