Mailing lists, redux

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Fri Dec 2 19:06:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 01:40:46PM -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> OK, so we need to come to a decision on how Fedora mailing lists will work
> as we grow, because we're starting to get requests from various folks to
> start them up.

Just to clarify, do you see an actual problem (current or impending) with
the way things are currently done?  Or you're just asking if anyone has an
opinion on the matter?

> 3. Have mailing lists anywhere and everywhere; whoever wants to set up a
> mailing list can set up a mailing list, and we can link them all and note
> them as "authoritative project list" or not as we see fit.

I don't have strong feelings between options 1 and 2, aside from not making
changes without a compelling reason... but I think option 3 is undesirable.
If it's an "official" Fedora project mailing list, that should be
immediately obvious by the fact of where it's hosted.

- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
Manager of Research Computing