Mailing lists, redux

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Dec 3 12:51:00 UTC 2005

Hi

>- I think we should add "devel" to the name of these lists:
>fedora-desktop-list
>fedora-tools-list
>fedora-config-list
>
>No, this is not important, but it avoids confusion for the users. With
>"devel" in the name it's obvious that this is for devel discussions.
>Yes, there will still be people that don't get it, but that will always
>happen.
>
>These lists are quite in any case -- do we still need them?

We definitely need to the desktop list. We should be increasing the
visibility with many of the desktop related changes that goes into every
release.  What could be possibly done with it is the following

* Community contests and perhaps bounties on desktop themes and
wallpapers with the desktop team
* Bring more visibility with  theming, menus and other changes related
to the desktop that happens in every release.
* Usability -  How about inviting users to post screencasts recording
from experiences from non technical users? . See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

Other ideas?

regards