Fedora Tour

Richard June rjune at bravegnuworld.com
Tue Dec 13 18:59:36 UTC 2005

As Jef said, I've documented adding a voiceover, the hard part about it
is getting the audio to sync with the video. Istanbul only records about
every third frame or something, so you can't really get great and smooth
video. What I did was sit down and write a script for the tutorial, then
I recorded the video while speaking the audio to myself. This let me
practice the audio, *and* gave me some idea of where I needed to pause,
to wait, etc. This usually took two or three tries to get something I
was happy with.
    Once I had a video, I started Audacity(any recorder should work). I
recorded the audio track while watching the video, thus I knew the cues
for waiting, etc. Again I recorded the track two or three times. then I
cut and spliced the three of them together so that audio was smooth and
matched video. My results aren't perfect by any stretch, and it took a
bit of time to do it, but I was using a 1400Mhz Athlon with 256M ram at
the time, and it was a learning experience.  Anyway, here's the video,
note the artifacts in the video. I think that has to do with the
encoding properties and possibly the codec, using a 640x480 screen
should result in better quality at the same size or so.

here's a link to the video if you're interested.
https://home.bravegnuworld.com/~rjune/sudo.ogg