[Fedora-ambassadors-list] School, LUG, Non-profit Program- Marketing Mentor Call -

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 03:42:28 UTC 2005

Hornain Frederic wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I will be short.
> Last friday I went to the french engineer computers school for my
> second interview with the principal of this one. FYI, the first one
> was just to establish the contact.
>
> We have talked during few hours about Linux, Fedora and other Open
> source applications. Then we have planned to make an event in january
> as soon as I will received Fedora cd's from Alex.
>
> Brief, this is what we have agreed upond the following action:
>
>       - Make a Fedora Project overview for students and teachers.
>
>       - Use Fedora at school - it is already the case -
>
>       - Try to create a Fedora Linux group associated to school or LUG
>       like which can be help the Fedora project as far as they can
>       obviously.
>
>       - Have a partnership with Fedora - That is for marketing - (see
>       http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/FAQ#head-d2fe35efbc7611aa461c563cc68bbd64ae9122d8
>       )
>
>       - Use "Fedora Project" logo and other Fedora marks as far as
>       they respect the terms of the Trademark Guidelines (
>       http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/FAQ#head-ed90660c6f5522ec7c71f820221f87b80d770556
>       & http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines )
>
> Obviously, before to go futher I would like an approuvment from a
> Marketing Mentor for that.

I have no precise idea on whats expected from such a mentor but I can
help you with this effort or atleast providing pointers. While we are on
this topic, I think the following would help promoting Fedora for
schools and colleges.

1) Build a Live CD based on Fedora repository packages (Core+Extras)
targeted at schools. Get whatever packages into the repositories to make
this happen
2) Build a installalable version of the same
3) Continue working on modifying the trademark guidelines to enable such
things to happen under a Fedora banner.

regards