[Fwd: Re: Gtk+ 2.8 for GNOME 2.12]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jul 19 05:55:07 UTC 2005

Colin Charles wrote:
> Look at the bits by Luis Villa at the bottom. What can we do about
> increasing QA of the distro? Jack, you're reading this I know, so how
> can this tie in with triage? Whom do we/how can we _market_ to possible
> new QA'ers?

Ath this point the scheduled date for FC5 release (13 February) is very
close to GNOME 2.14 (beginning of March) and this leave two possibilities:
- FC5 to use GNOME 2.14 (even if this means a couple of weeks of delay
for FC)
- FC5 to use late and more tested point release, for example GNOME
2.12.2 or 2.12.3
Any of those two possibilities means *less* incentives for Fedora users
to test the 2.12 branch, which looks doomed from the perspective of
Fedora releases.

One possible soulution I see: target 2.14 for FC5 and promise an
official upgrade from 2.10 to 2.12 for FC4, making this way the users to
care about GNOME 2.12

--
nicu