Fedora Vendor/Distribution Information (Wiki/Project idea)

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sun Jul 31 13:31:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Patrick Barnes wrote:

> I wanted to throw out the idea of setting up a spot on the wiki to
> provide information about distribution of Fedora, particularly expanding
> upon information for distributors.  At current, there are no
> readily-available guidelines for OEM companies who are interested in
> distributing Fedora Core.

Here's how I suggest you proceed:

1. Read the trademark guidelines at:
http://fedora.redhat.com/about/trademarks/guidelines/

2. Tell us what questions these guidelines don't answer.

3. Wait for us to revise the guidelines.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

If you're looking to make a HOWTO on the wiki for people to ship Fedora
themselves, I'd say, go ahead and start working on it -- but make sure
that you understand the trademark guidelines and adhere rigorously to
them.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan