Fedora Boot for LWCE:SF

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 1 14:33:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 12:09 +0800, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 11:26 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Now that FUDCon2 is over, and we've pretty much decided to not have a
> > FUDCon3 in SF can we put some serious resources into planning the
> > Fedora
> > Booth for LWCE:SF?
>
> It ain't over till the fat lady sings (okay, Jack's a man and he isn't a
> fat lady)
>
> All that aside, want to keep us updated about your status with regards
> to talking about FUDCon 3 in San Francisco?

Well I am still very interested in getting it done.  However, the main
roadblock right now is funding.  Since FUDCon II and 3 would be in the
same fiscal quarter, money will be tight.  One thing I am looking at
currently, is to possibly have it held at Google, since Google has lots
of extra room, and would be willing to help and even present on some of
their open source projects and summer of code.

If anyone here knows people at google please do not harass them.  I know
that when we here google we all get giddy, but we are trying to work the
channels that we have, so please, please, please do not try to be
proactive and taint them.  I am working on it, and we should know soon.

Otherwise, there will be a meeting next week about LWCE/Possible
FUDCon3.  I will let people know as things are decided.

Jack