Logos: everybody wants one but nobody seems to have any constructive comments. (was Re: Cool Fedora schwag idea)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:37:43 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Personally, for me the (subjective) coolness criteria is something along
> the lines of: "I would proudly put this on my t-shirt?"

I think there is room for for more than one "logo"
a graphics heavy logo like a mascot works in some situations
an abstract minimal logo works in others

the puppy probably makes a very good t-shirt.
a stylized  F C or F F or F E or F L   or even the single re-usable F
is probably going to work in situations where you need a single color
or you need to embroider... like a baseball cap.

-jef"can you make an abstract hat out of an F and a U for user? I want
a cleverly sneaky way to wear FU on a t-shirt"spaleta