the name "fedora"

Thilo Pfennig tp at alternativ.net
Sat Jul 2 10:27:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

I tend to like the idea to interpret the name "Fedora" primarily as a
female name. I think it would be nice if Fedora distinguishes itself
from other distros to be somehow pro equal rights. A Linux that is not
made for men as primary focus. I think this is important. Anybody has
seen the speech of Jeff Waugh (GNOME) at the GUADEC 2005 in Stuttgart?
(Theora:
http://stream.fluendo.com/archive/6uadec/Jeff_Waugh_-_Project_Topaz.ogg )
He had some good points about righting software for girls... ;-) watch
this video its nice. I think what counts for GNOME also kinds for any
distribution.

Also after the creation of DebianWomen there is also GnomeWomen:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen .

Thilo
--
this content is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/de/