Fedora review

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:35:29 UTC 2005

On 7/19/05, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> This is a good idea.  Potentially resource-intensive, and complicated, to
> do it right.

Isn't everything?  And who says we have to do it perfectly right the
first time?  Doing audio or text overlay or any editting at all is
going to complicate things sure... but maybe we don't "need" that to
make a positive impact compared to where we are now. Are rough theora
video captures of desktop tasks better than nothing? Are rough video
captures "good enough"? Initially just sticking them on the website
and having the release notes and the default browser page list the
rough.. "community provided" walk-through theora videos for the top 10
tasks could be a benefit.  And from there if people with video
editting experience in the community can volunteer to do a more
polished second generation...fine.

-jef"I've always found that magic bullets tend to be expensive"spaleta