Fedora review

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:44:41 UTC 2005

On 7/19/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> well i got impatient and tried to start it via a vino session
> remotely... getting tracebacks from the 0.1.1 version i lifted from
> his directory so there might be some bugs that j5 needs to look at.

Yep I just got confirmation about the problem from j5. My little
experiment using istanbul or more primatively gst-launch is going to
have to wait for a new version of gstreamer-plugins in rawhide that
includes the ximagesrc plugin.  As soon as j5 has the time( and this
by no means is meant to make him feel rushed ) to push the update to
gstreamer-plugins anyone running rawhide, including myself, will be
able to follow up with some example raw theora videos either using
gst-launch from the cmdline or with istanbul.

-jef"the real question is.. can I come up with a name better than
'monkey hoot' for my new video production endeavor"spaleta