Getting down to business

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jun 3 07:19:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 09:44 -0500, Chris Negus wrote:
> I'd like to offer my help.

Hi Chris!  Help is always welcome.

> I certainly don't have a good feel for the
> total scope of what Fedora marketing should be doing.

I don't really think any of us do, we're making it up as we go along.
It's fun!

>  However, I was
> thinking recently about gathering up information on:
>
> * What Fedora is
> * When Fedora is appropriate as opposed to RHEL
> * How can someone get involved with the project:
>      As someone using Fedora (user, admin, programmer)
>      As someone packaging their software for Fedora
>      As someone who has other skills to offer (writer, marketer, etc.)
>
> By putting this together in the form of a presentation, I was thinking
> that it would help us all sing from the same sheet music (so to
> speak).
> Also, busy people wouldn't have to start from scratch if they just
> wanted to give a talk on Fedora to the local LUG.

This would be totally awesome!  A pre-built media pack if you will,
sanctioned by Red Hat folks and Fedora community as well.  I think this
would be very very nifty!

> I also think that it's possible to have a story about what Fedora is
> that is respectful of Red Hat Inc. and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
> Clarity
> will help everyone, I believe. Thoughts?

Please let us know what you would need in order to get started on this.
Even though I'm not with Red Hat, I'm almost positive that this word
would not go unused or unnoticed.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: