FUDCon3 in SF?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 00:09:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 16:31 -0700, Colin Charles wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 16:24 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > > No. Not yet. The question is, we need to *define* FUDCon. Is this to
> > > be
> > > taken as a serious conference (typically happens once a year) or a
> > > miniconference Debian DebConf style?

If we can make them FUDCon-in-a-box, then I think they are ideal to set
up in a reasonable number of locations.  The LWCE hubs are generically
attractive to Linux enthusiasts.

If it is put together piecemeal on entirely volunteer labor with
borrowed materials, uh, hmm ...

Hmmm ...

How were the first FUDCons in this regard?  Did we engage with any event
support services?  Random student labor?

> > > But if after we decide this, we're serious, and Karsten is in the SF
> > > area (well, semi-nearby anyways), yes, lets create a FUDConIII wiki
> > > page
> > > and start working from there...
> >
> > Great.  Who should I poke in the eye until these questions get
> > answered ?  (:
>
> Well, ideally yours (and Karsten's) :)
>
> We need a lead/co-lead for it, really.

I'll co-lead a two-stage effort:

1. Research and decide feasability of doing FUDCon3 in August - one week
milestone

2. Proceed, if feasible

I note, with some interest, that the Fedora Foundation is intended for
completion by mid-August.  I smell a convergence of events.

I just don't want to be renting a U-Haul to bring rental chairs in from
Oakland, thank you very much. :)

- Karsten, who is close enough to San Francisco
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide