Getting down to business

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Thu Jun 9 14:04:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 17:47 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> As for hardware sponsorship, Penguin Computing is local(ish) and their
> default preload right now is FC3.

Okay.

> What do these machines do?
>
> If we want to 'netcast, there is plenty of expertise in the Bay Area.
> The key is finding someone who will sponsor for a banner on the FUDCon
> page.

Netcast, using gstreamer/fluendo stuff. Big disks, to record it on disk.
Save for later editing... and voila! fun fun later

> /me notes fudcon.org and fudcon.com got snagged on 13 Jan of this year

We know this. They even e-mailed me to ask me if I wanted to *buy* it.
Tha gall. We're just using google juice to point to us. And yes, we had
a discussion about this

> However, I am now the proud owner of FUDCon.net and will donate it to
> the Fedora Foundation hopefully at FUDCon3 this year.  And hopefully it
> will have better hosting by then. :)

Right, nice. Please get in touch with seth to get this setup if need
be.

Seth, we can point it to /srv/web/docroot/fudcon/ on fp.o
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
FUDCon II @ LinuxTag