Cool Fedora schwag idea

Jeremy Hogan jeremy.hogan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 22:06:34 UTC 2005

On 6/27/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:

> I'm thinking take all the money for jackets and get some
> alternative-build-arch machines so the people who are packaging things
> for extras with no access to the systems can build there.

I think the original idea was that you would sell some of these, which
off sets the costs and may even add proceeds to the project if you do
it right. I doubt the cost of the handful of gift jackets is going to
get you any equipment.

What's the trade-off/balance? You can't spend every resource on
technology nor on messaging. I think funding for infrastructure is a
seperate discussion than marketing, and neither shoould be at the
expense of the other.

--jeremy