Cool Fedora schwag idea

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Jun 28 01:24:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 17:54 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> Anyway - I think it'd be more constructive to follow out those paths and
> to use whatever resources fedora has available to it for that end rather
> than 'letterman' jackets.
>
> I hated have to put up with the useless cool kids in the letterman
> jackets in high school, I don't intend to start to do it now.

Although there's a lot of rant in this post, this is a point to keep in
mind.  If the community understands the inherent joke in them, letterman
gift jackets could be a nice humorous way of honoring certain people.
But it could easily backfire and give the impression of exclusivity and
make people feel they're not in the "in crowd".  Probably timing is
important in order to give the proper impression.

-Toshio