fedoraproject.org

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Jun 6 05:28:51 UTC 2005

> BTW, I started a FAQ page there because I think we should have one:
>
> http://www.fedoraproject.com/wiki/FAQ

great.

> > Set yourself up a wiki account, I'll give you privs to change a page and
> > you make a 'newfrontpage' page and we'll work from there to see if it
> > works.
>
> Do we really need this "edit to the EditGroup" step -- Isn't that
> counter-productive in a wiki? Okay, maybe we need this for some pages.
> But not for all. And yes, It helps against spammers.

LOTS AND LOTS OF SPAMMERS does it avoid. So yes, it stays, unless you
are volunteering to purge out any cruft that gets added there. :)

> But can I add everyone to the EditGroup who asks for access? This is not
> specified. In the beginning only hand selected people got access (at
> least I had to find a sponsor who knew me with a gpg signed mail etc.)
> -- now it seems everyone who asks for access gets it.

What I'd like to do is setup multiple groups and show everyone how to
use the acls.

But even before that I'd love to get someone who has some skill with
stylesheets to design a better wiki theme than the one we're using.
Maybe one more 'fedoraish'.

Who should I talk to about that? Dianna Fong?

-sv