fedoraproject.org

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Jun 6 07:24:21 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:

>>What I'd like is a statement "Yes, everyone can get access here -- we're
>>not a closed development group, we just want to avoid spammers" (or
>>something like that) on the FrontPage after "In order to help in the
>>editing you must first setup an account by going to UserPreferences.
>>After that, inform someone within the EditGroup, so that they can add
>>you."
>>

>I don't have a problem with that but there are going to be some pages
>which are, in fact, closed off. I think that's reasonable, actually.

See if this sounds like a suitable introduction for the FrontPage:

--
Welcome to the <http://fedora.redhat.com/> [http://fedora.redhat.com/
Fedora] Project Wiki.

Want to help?  We welcome new editors, but we must take a few
precautions to maintain the integrity of the wiki. In order to help in
the editing you must first setup an account by going to
[wiki:UserPreferences UserPreferences]. After that, inform someone
within the [wiki:EditGroup EditGroup] so that they can add you.  It also
wouldn't hurt to [wiki:Extras/Introduction introduce yourself].

Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com