grokking the FF

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 01:14:28 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> I've got $10 that says that won't happen.

They did a decent job having information available ready to roll at
the directory service annoucement. A few people learned from previous
badly timed unsubstantiated 'announcements' and made sure there a
mountain of information about the directory server project.  The
people responsible for making that project launch..informative..
should be held up HIGH to the rest of the hat wearing inmates. I'm
almost so excited about the amount of information that was made
available for that server project on annoucement day.. i could give
the people responsible a big wet kiss on the mouth. Unless of course
they are the same people who were responsibly for not having any
information available about the Foundation in which case I'll have to
give them a swift kick in the arse as well.

Making official statements to the technical press... without
additional followup information for the community to look at.. is a
garunteed way to burn bridges and inspire rampant fear-mongering or if
your lucky a just a new crusty layer of apathy.  Who do i send the
horse head to?

-jef