FUDCon3 in SF?

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Wed Jun 8 23:18:32 UTC 2005

> > * Do we have a lead taking up organising this event? We pretty much
> > had
> > Jack/Greg do Boston, Greg/Alex do Germany, do we have Karsten/Jesse
> > doing SF?
>
> Well, I wouldn't mind doing this.  I hope to be able to pull info from
> people doing the previous FUDCons.

Yes, a ghosts of the past kind of experience. We shall place this on our
non-existent agenda.

> > Feel free to add to the list... We might as well keep it handy
> > somewhere
> > too.... So, harness the wiki people, start loving it (if you need edit
> > access, poke)
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon
>
> I've added to the list, however this seems like a generic 'plan a
> fudcon' page.  Should we create a FUDConIII page with more specific
> information and start letting people fill in the blanks?

No. Not yet. The question is, we need to *define* FUDCon. Is this to be
taken as a serious conference (typically happens once a year) or a
miniconference Debian DebConf style?

After this, we must be clear that RH has more spending budget for this
sort of thing (yes, money, swag, etc. need to come from somewhere)
again. Again, I don't control the money, or have access to $budget

But if after we decide this, we're serious, and Karsten is in the SF
area (well, semi-nearby anyways), yes, lets create a FUDConIII wiki page
and start working from there...
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
FUDCon II @ LinuxTag