FUDCon3 in SF?

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 13:08:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> I'm not sure the sequential numbering makes the most sense. If
> Fudcon's start happening in rather diverse places around the year...
> even if its just 4 of them a year which could happen.. its going to
> get confusing.  Especially if fudcons are sort of repeating events for
> a geographical region.  You will probably find that it makes sense to
> make each event lean in focus towards areas of interest for
> subprojects in the Fedora umbrella where local leadership is present
> to guide discussion.  Does it make sense to have a focus on "desktop"
> for each geographical area.. can you get a desktop project "leader" to
> each one of them?

<snip more good points>

For right now, the organization and planning for FUDCons is highly
centralized.  This means that we can only hold so many, and in that
context, I think that numbering sequentially continues to make the most
sense.

Now, if this concept evolves in a scalable way, and if we should become
capable of putting on many FUDCons over a geographically dispersed area --
and honestly, the prospect of "franchising" FUDCons is *very* interesting
to me -- then I think you're absolutely right.

And what do I mean by "franchising" FUDCon?  Maybe a good deliverable of
this group is the "Guide to holding your own FUDCon", with a repository of
canned presentations that clueful people can deliver to fill out a show,
and this group acting as the advisory board to folks who want to do that.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan