Fedora Core 4 release announcement on Eweek

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 16:42:15 UTC 2005

Hi

I was reading the announcement in your website [1] about the new Fedora
Core 4 release and I noticed a misconception that I would like to
clarify. While talking about the Fedora steering committees you have
mention that "In practice, it was controlled by Red Hat staffers, who
held all the steering committee positions." which is not true for
several projects including  Fedora Extras [2] and Fedora docs [3] and
Fedora Marketing [4] itself

The leadership structure follows the guidelines defined in
http://fedora.redhat.com/about/leadership.html where steering committee
members include Fedora community people who are *not*  in the Red Hat
Staff list.

I would also like to add that it would also be a good idea to include in
future Fedora release announcements our  newly revised Fedora release
notes created  by Karsten Wade & co -
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc4/ and our installation
guide for Fedora written from scratch by community members and Fedora
docs steering committee people,  Stuart Ellis (not Stuart Little!)  and
Paul.W.Frieds - http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc4/

There has been a announcement about the intention to create a Fedora
Foundation [5] for encourage more community participation  which I am
sure you are already aware of [6]

Thank you for spreading our the information on the new release of Fedora
Core 4

regards
Rahul

[1]