FUDCONIII Preliminary Planning WAS [Re: Fedora Booth and BOF instead of FUDCon3 for SF?]

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Thu Jun 16 19:27:01 UTC 2005

> Although having a facility is one part of the puzzle, it's hardly all of
> it.  I really think that we're going to be straining the "what is FUDCon
> for" by having tons and tons of them.  Not to mention difficulty of
> getting speakers to do tons of places or tons of talks being written.
>
> Jeremy

I tend to agree.  By keeping it to just one or two FUDCons a year, there's a
much better chance that a lot of the core developers will be able to attend,
which then becomes a self-reinforcing trend.  This results in a much
higher-value event where actual work can get done (a-la FUDCon1) in addition
to whatever user outreach / PR / marketing opportunities it creates for
Fedora.  Let's not reduce FUDCon to a prepackaged megaBoF.

- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
Manager of Research Computing