Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 16:18:04 UTC 2005

On 6/19/05, Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org> wrote:
> If we're marketing, we start with, okay, there's this set of people who make
> up a definable demographic of some sort (geographic, or an industry or
> application, or various other ways to slice it) and say "Okay, what can we
> do to make Fedora appeal to the people that make up this market?" That might
> involve promotion in a "language" that speaks to whoever the target is --
> and it also includes things like "if we want to appeal to market XYZ, we
> should make sure Fedora addessess function ABC."

The market for fedora... are people  in the community who want to be
more than users.. people who want to contribute.  I really don't think
fedora as a distribution is aimed at any particular userbase. I don't
think fedora should make any strong claims to being a system for the
casual users or for server admins or any other "target" group of
users.

-jef