Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:49:52 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Mike MacCana <mikem at cyber.com.au> wrote:
> > I think fedora has lots of users.
>
> Not when compared to say, MacOS, or Windows.

I am absolutely okay with fedora having less users than MacOS and Windows,
Nor do i think Fedora with its rate of change and leading edge focus
is it a good fit for a vast majority of users of those other operating
systems.  Talking about fedora in this as a competition for number of
users compared to any other operating system whether it be a linux
distribution or not.. is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.

> The Linux curious. Typically described Windows 'power users', for which
> Fedora would be quite appropriate - easier than most other Linux
> distros, but still requiring some technical skill.

I think the linux curious have enough information to read on the main
website. I don't think they need aggressive encouragement.

-jef