Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jun 23 21:00:09 UTC 2005

> I gave you a very succinct and clear example of a community that's
> working and you ask for my credentials and scatter charts. Jerks.
> Reactive, thoughtless jerks living in a pretense of knowledge.
>
> Go look for yourself.

I really don't understand what is wrong with asking for the data so we
can review it. And barring the data being available, I don't see  what's
wrong with asking for some background information on the person
communicating the results of the information.

I'm not trying to be harsh or rude. I really just don't see what's so
wrong with asking for this info.

You're presenting some information which runs counter to the experience
I've had. So, I'm trying to get more information from you to reconcile
it. I approach claims that I cannot reconcile right away with suspicion.
That you're unwilling to provide the data increases my suspicion about
the efficacy of your data acquisition methods.

I don't remember calling you names in any of my emails nor do I remember
Jef doing anything like that. Why don't we try to keep this civil?

-sv